Advice provided and services we signpost and refer to include:
- Benefits Advice
- Bereavement Support
- Budgeting Advice
- Debt Advice
- Domestic Abuse Support
- Family Support Services
- Housing Advice
- Physical Health Activities
- Social Activities
- Specialist Services
- Specific Condition Support
- Support Groups
- Work, Education and Training
What is Social Prescribing?
- A service that is embedded in your GP surgery alongside your GP and other practice staff, that aims to connect you to services and/or activities that may help improve your health and wellbeing.
- A confidential space to talk
- A space to explore issues that are negatively affecting your physical and mental health and overall wellbeing; those things ‘Matter to You’
- Practical, helpful and non-judgemental support
- A place to receive advice, guidance and advocacy
- We also support with other services involved in your care
- Signposting and/or referral to services, support and community groups
- A service to improve hope for the future, social connection & independence
Non-urgent advice: Please Note
You may be asked for direct and specific consent for your information to be shared with organisations that you have agreed to be referred to. This will of course be discussed and agreed with you at the time.
How to Refer:
You can self-refer by scanning the barcode. You can also talk to reception, your nurse or GP and ask for a referral.